The Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is designed to make buying health coverage easier and more affordable. Starting in 2014, the Marketplace will allow individuals and small businesses to compare health plans, get answers to questions, find out if they are eligible for tax credits for private insurance or health programs like the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and enroll in a health plan that meets their needs.
Open Enrollment begins in October 2013: Learn more and get ready!
The Marketplace Can Help You:
- Look for and compare private health plans.
- Get answers to questions about your health coverage options.
- Get a break on costs.
- Enroll in a health plan that meets your needs.
What This Means for You
- Consumer Checklist: For individuals and families, Marketplace is a single place where you can enroll in private or public health insurance coverage.
- Small Business Checklist: For small businesses, the Marketplace is a way to level the playing field, where you have better choice of plans and insurers at a lower cost, the way larger employers do now.
- Find out who's eligible and get information on your state Marketplace.
For More Information
States across the country are working to implement the health care law. States can apply for Exchange Establishment grants through the end of 2014. Learn more about Exchange Establishment grants in your state.
- Sign up for Marketplace email or text updates
- Timeline: What's Changing & When
- The Value of Health Insurance
- Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
- Find detailed technical and regulatory information on the Marketplace.
- Learn more about the Marketplace and Essential Health Benefits.
Posted on: July 11, 2011
Last updated: February 14, 2013