Small Employer Tax Credits
The Affordable Care Act helps small businesses and small tax-exempt organizations afford the cost of covering their employees.
What This Means for You
If you have fewer than 25 employees and provide health insurance, you may qualify for a tax credit of up to 35% (up to 25% for non-profits) to offset the cost of your insurance. This credit will increase in 2014 to 50% (35% for non-profits). This will make the cost of providing insurance much lower.
For More Information
- Mark's Story: Making Insurance More Affordable for Small Businesses
- Fact Sheet: Small Businesses and the Affordable Care Act.
- Employer Bulletin: FAQs on Automatic Enrollment, Employer Responsibility, and Waiting Periods.
- Frequently Asked Questions, updated December 3, 2010.
- Learn more about health care options for small businesses.
Posted on: July 1, 2010
Last Updated: July 6, 2012