Better Benefits, Better Health for Seniors
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, the health care law passed by Congress and signed by President Obama, you may be eligible for important new benefits that will ensure you get the care you need and deserve for a lower cost.
- Seniors on Medicare are now eligible to obtain certain preventive services, like mammograms and colonoscopies, potentially with no out-of-pocket cost. See a list of preventive services that will be covered without part B deductibles or copays.
- Seniors on Medicare can now get an annual wellness exam from your participating physician or health professional for free. Speak with your doctor for more details.
- Seniors who fall into the Medicare prescription drug coverage gap known as the donut hole will receive a 50% discount on covered brand name prescription drugs and lower copays for generic drugs. You don’t need to take any action to receive this benefit.
- You may be able to receive care from health teams that will coordinate your care so you won’t have to see multiple doctors who don’t work together. For more information, ask your doctors if they’re part of a team of providers or have otherwise taken advantage of Medicare’s options to promote patient-centered care.
- If you’re enrolled in traditional Medicare, the changes from the law could save you more than $3,500 in health care expenses over the next 10 years.
For more information, ask your doctor or: