April 20, 2017
Keep 2017 health coverage information current
If you’re enrolled in a 2017 health insurance plan, here’s what you need to know to get the full benefit of your health coverage and keep it up-to-date:
Activate your coverage & pay your first month’s premium
- You must pay your first premium directly to the insurance company — not to the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Your coverage won’t start until the insurance company gets your payment.
- Insurance companies handle payments differently. Follow your insurer’s instructions about how and when to make your payment.
- Learn more about paying your premium to complete your enrollment.
Update your income & household information if it changes
- Report any life changes — like changes in income, household size, or residence, or other coverage offers — as soon as they happen.
- These changes may affect your insurance coverage or savings and your taxes next year.