2017 Tax Help: Get step-by-step instructions & tax forms

Published on February 8, 2018

Whether you got 2017 health coverage through the Marketplace, Medicare, your job, or another source, you must report your 2017 health coverage status to the IRS when you file your taxes. The form you’ll use will depend on how you got your health coverage.
Image: {2017 tax help}Image: {2017 tax help}
For example, if you had 2017 Marketplace coverage, you’ll use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, to "reconcile" your taxes.
IMPORTANT: Don't file your 2017 taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A

Get instructions & tax forms

For specific forms and step-by-step instructions, choose the situation that best applies to you to learn about health coverage and your 2017 federal taxes.

Get tax help from the IRS