2021 Marketplace coverage? Beat the filing deadline & get tax tips
Published on April 7, 2022
The last day to file your 2021 federal income taxes is April 18, 2022 – that’s less than 2 weeks away! If anyone in your household had Marketplace health coverage in 2021, you should have received Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement. (If you didn’t get the form online or by mail, contact the Marketplace Call Center.)
How to use Form 1095-A
- If your form is correct, use it to "reconcile" your premium tax credit. If you find a mistake, contact the Call Center. We’ll send you a new, updated form. Don’t file until you have a correct form.
- To "reconcile," you’ll compare the amount of premium tax credit you used during the year with the premium tax credit you qualify for based on your final income. Any difference will affect your refund or the amount of taxes you owe.
- Get a step-by-step guide to "reconciling" your premium tax credit.
Didn’t have Marketplace coverage in 2021?
- If you got your 2021 health coverage somewhere else, like through your job or outside the Marketplace, you’ll get a different form and follow different steps.
- Choose your 2021 health coverage status for the steps and forms for your situation.