3 ways: report income & household changes
Published on June 8, 2017
If you have Marketplace health insurance and your income or household changed — like if you had a baby, got a raise, or someone in your household got new job-based coverage — you should update your application as soon as possible.
See the full list of changes you should report.
Why it’s important to report changes
- Certain changes may qualify you for a
- The changes may also affect the savings and coverage options you qualify for.
- If you don’t report changes, you could wind up owing more—or less—when you file your next federal tax return.
3 ways to report changes to the Marketplace
- Update your application online.
- Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Get help from someone in your community.
Get more information on reporting changes after you’re enrolled.