March 24, 2014
7 Days Left to #GetCovered – Enroll Now!
Consumers have only a few days left to get 2014 coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Open enrollment in the Marketplace ends March 31.
Affordable plans are still available. Across the country, 6 out of 10 uninsured Americans can get covered for $100 per month or even less – some for a lot less.
Don’t delay. Enroll today.
Here are some consumer tips:
- Time is running out. Open enrollment in the Marketplace ends March 31.
- Get ready. Start by gathering important information – like birthdates and Social Security or document numbers – for everyone who will be on the application.
- Get help. You can sign up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at HealthCare.gov (which is working smoothly). You can also sign up in Spanish at CuidadoDeSalud.gov. You can call 1-800-318-2596, any time, any hour, and a trained representative will help you enroll. (Because there are only a few days left, we don’t recommend mailing a paper application now). You can also find a person in your community to help you at localhelp.healthcare.gov.
- Get a break on costs. 83% of those signing up for plans in the Marketplaces have been found eligible for a break on costs to make insurance more affordable, you could too.
- Get what you need most. Think about what you need most from a health plan – affordable premiums, access to certain providers, coverage for specific medicines? Knowing what’s most important to you will make comparing options and choosing a plan easier and faster.
- Take action today. If you’ve been trying to enroll and experienced delays, or needed a caseworker or call center representative to help, don’t worry! Even if the details of your situation are still being worked out, we’ll help you get covered.
- After you enroll through the Marketplace, remember to pay your first monthly premium. Your coverage isn’t effective until you take that step. Remember, if you don’t sign up by March 31, you can’t get covered until next year. If you can afford to pay for insurance and choose not to have it, you could pay a fee on your 2014 taxes.
We’re ready to help you and are enrolling people like you every day. We want you to join them. Read personal stories of how the Marketplace has helped people across the country and share your #GetCovered story.