Don’t miss the deadline to file 2016 taxes & report your health coverage!
Published on April 13, 2017
The April 18 tax filing deadline is less than one week away. No matter if you got your health coverage through the Marketplace, your job, or another source, you must report your 2016 coverage status to the IRS when you file.
If you had a 2016 Marketplace plan with premium tax credits
- You should have received tax Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement in the mail. You can also get this form in your online Marketplace account. See how to find it.
- Use your Form 1095-A to
- If you don’t file a 2016 tax return and reconcile, you could lose any advance payments of the premium tax credit beginning in 2018.
Need tax help?
- Find out where to get free volunteer tax help.
- Learn about the IRS Free File and related services.
- Find a tax software program to help you prepare your taxes.