Did you pay your premium?
Published on January 3, 2015
If you’ve enrolled in a plan and paid your first month’s premium, congratulations! Your enrollment is complete.
If you haven’t paid it yet, don’t wait. Follow the instructions from your insurer about how and when to make your first premium payment. Take careful note of the date the payment is due and be sure to send your payment by then. If you don’t, you may lose your coverage.
Once you’ve paid your premium, remember to:
- Review your member card or other materials your plan sends you.
- Decide who will provide your care by reviewing your plan’s 2015 provider directory.
- Contact your plan with any questions or if you don’t receive a member card.
Here are some additional tips about your Marketplace enrollment:
- You can review your coverage anytime. Just log in to your account and click on your application. You’ll see a summary on the My Coverage page, where you can find more details about your enrollment and plan benefits.
- You have certain rights and protections when you enroll in a plan through the Marketplace, including the right to get plan information and emergency care.
- If you contact your plan and they aren’t showing that you enrolled, try again in 2-3 days. It might take a little time for you to appear in their systems while we update Marketplace enrollment records.
Need help? Contact the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325).