Attention: Tax day is less than one week away!
Published on April 12, 2018
Don’t miss the April 17, 2018, deadline to file 2017 taxes and report your health coverage! No matter how you got health coverage — whether through the Marketplace, your job, or another source — you must report your 2017 coverage status to the IRS when you file taxes.
Get step-by-step directions & tax forms:
- Choose your 2017 health coverage status. The form you’ll use will depend on how you got your health coverage.
- If you had 2017 Marketplace insurance, you’ll use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, to "reconcile" your taxes.
- Even if you don’t normally have to file a federal income tax return, you’re required to file if you had a 2017 Marketplace health plan and got financial help with your premium costs.
- Can't find your 1095-A? Get help finding it.
Tax help is available:
- Find out where to get free volunteer tax help.
- Learn about the IRS's Free File.
- Find a tax software program to help you prepare your taxes.