November 10, 2014
5 Things to know about Marketplace Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is the period when you can sign up for or renew a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Open Enrollment for 2015 coverage starts November 15, 2014 – just 5 days away.
Here are 5 important things to know:
- 2015 Open Enrollment lasts from November 15, 2014, to February 15, 2015.
- You must enroll by December 15, 2014, if you want your coverage to start on January 1, 2015.
- If you don’t enroll in a health plan by February 15, 2015, the only way you can get health insurance for 2015 through the Marketplace is if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. You may qualify if you have a qualifying life event such as marriage, birth or adoption of a child, or loss of other health coverage.
- You can apply for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) at any time of year. If you qualify, you can enroll immediately.
- You can preview 2015 health plans and estimated prices before you apply.
Never miss a deadline! Sign up for timely email or text message updates and connect with us on social media.