See if you may still qualify for 2019 insurance
Published on January 3, 2019
For most people, the deadline to enroll in 2019 health insurance has passed. But there are two ways you may still be able to get 2019 coverage:
Through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- If eligible, your coverage can start right away, any time of year. Medicaid and CHIP don’t have Open Enrollment Periods.
- Learn more about Medicaid and CHIP, including how to apply.
Through a Special Enrollment Period
- Outside Open Enrollment, you may qualify for a
- If you qualify, you usually have up to 60 days following the event to enroll in or change a plan.
- Not sure your life event makes you eligible? Just answer a few fast questions to find out.