Get coverage now through the SHOP Marketplace
Published on November 26, 2014
Getting health coverage for your small business for 2015 is easier than ever before. For the first time, you can use the SHOP Marketplace to enroll online for coverage that starts as early as January 2015. Learn more about how to enroll with this step-by-step guide (PDF, 1.3 MB).
Here are just a few benefits of buying coverage through the SHOP Marketplace.
- Convenience: Find, compare, select and offer your employees coverage.
- Choice: Choose among health plans at different coverage levels to find the one that’s right for you and your employees. In some states you can offer your employees a choice among all plans at the coverage level you choose.
- Useful information and tools: Find out if you qualify for SHOP and what the small business health care tax credit might be worth to you. Then, find and compare plans before selecting one.
- Access to tax credits: You may qualify for a tax credit worth as much as 50% of your contribution to employee premiums when you buy coverage through the SHOP Marketplace and meet other eligibility requirements.
- New to the SHOP? If you get an offer of SHOP health insurance from your employer, you have options.
- If you had SHOP coverage through your employer in 2014 and will be eligible to enroll in SHOP coverage through your employer in 2015.
- If you have job-based health coverage that’s not from the SHOP Marketplace, you have different choices. Learn about your options if you have non-SHOP employer coverage.
Need help? You can contact a SHOP-registered agent or broker in your area or call 1-800-706-7893 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm ET, and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm ET.