3 things to know about 2018 taxes & Marketplace insurance
Published on January 31, 2019
2018 tax filing season starts January 29, 2019. You must report information about your 2018 health coverage when you file. If you had Marketplace health insurance in 2018, check out these 3 tips:
Keep an eye out for Form 1095-A
- If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2018, we’ll mail you Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, by early February. It’ll also be available online in your HealthCare.gov account. Note: It comes from the Marketplace, not the IRS.
- You’ll use it to "reconcile" your premium tax credit.
Make sure your Form 1095-A is correct
- If anything about your coverage or household is wrong, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Also, make sure the information about the “second lowest cost Silver Plan” (SLCSP) is correct.
- Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A.