Introducing the Health Insurance Marketplace®
Published on June 21, 2013
If you’re uninsured, there’s a new way for you to buy health insurance for 2014. It’s called the Health Insurance Marketplace®.
Getting covered in the Health Insurance Marketplace®
No matter where you live, you can use the Marketplace to find a high-quality health plan and enroll to get coverage. With one application you can compare plans based on price, benefits, and other important features before you decide. You’ll also see if you qualify to save money on monthly premiums or out-of-pocket costs—or for free or low-cost health coverage options.
Here are the key dates you need to know:
- October 1, 2013: Open enrollment in the Marketplace starts
- January 1, 2014: Coverage for Marketplace insurance plans can start
- March 31, 2014: Open enrollment ends
We can help you get ready & apply
Right now, you can use HealthCare.gov to:
- Find out about the Health Insurance Marketplace® in your state
- See if you are eligible for Marketplace coverage
- See if you qualify for Medicaid or CHIP
- Learn how to get ready for open enrollment
In October, you’ll be able to:
- Compare coverage options and choose a plan that works for you
- See if you can save on your monthly premiums or out-of-pocket costs
- Start an online application and enroll in a Marketplace coverage plan
In the meantime, answer a few quick questions to get a personalized list of programs you may be eligible for, content you’ll want to read, and a checklist to help you get ready.