Get Medicaid & Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) health insurance any time
Published on May 12, 2016
Open Enrollment for a 2016 Marketplace health insurance plan is over. But if you qualify for
What are Medicaid and CHIP?
- Medicaid provides coverage for some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- Some states have expanded their Medicaid programs to cover all people below certain income levels.
- CHIP provides low-cost health coverage to children in families that earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid. In some states, CHIP covers parents and pregnant women too.
Find out if you qualify
Visit our screener, select the second option "See if you may qualify for Medicaid or CHIP," and answer a few quick questions.
Already know you qualify? You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP 2 ways:
- By completing a health insurance application at HealthCare.gov
- By applying directly to your state Medicaid agency
Learn more about qualifying for Medicaid and CHIP.