Move recently? Get a 2017 health plan through a Special Enrollment Period
Published on May 18, 2017
If you or your family are moving soon (or you moved in the past 60 days), you may qualify for a
What kinds of moves qualify?
- Moving to a new home in a new ZIP code or county
- Moving to the U.S. from a foreign country or U.S. territory
- A student moving to or from the place they attend school
- A seasonal worker moving to or from the place they live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
Moving only for medical treatment or staying somewhere for vacation doesn’t count.
Apply through a Special Enrollment Period
To apply for Marketplace coverage for the rest of 2017 through a Special Enrollment Period, create an account or log into an existing one. When you apply, you may be asked to submit documents to confirm your move.
Note: Moving isn’t the only Answer a few questions to see if you qualify.