Open Enrollment for 2016 health insurance is over – but you may still have options
Published on February 1, 2016
The last day to apply for and enroll in a Marketplace health insurance plan for 2016 was January 31, 2016.
IMPORTANT If you enrolled in a Marketplace health plan for 2016 before the deadline, be sure to pay your first premium to your insurance company, not to the Marketplace, to complete your enrollment.
You may still be able to get coverage
If you didn’t meet the Open Enrollment deadline, you may still be able to get 2016 health insurance if you:
- Have a qualifying life event — like getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage — that qualifies you for a
- Qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid and CHIP. You can apply any time, all year.
More on Special Enrollment Periods
- Learn more about Special Enrollment Periods, including what changes may qualify and how to report them.
- Not sure if you qualify? Just answer a few questions, and we’ll show you your next steps.
- If you already know you qualify, you can log in to update your application and get new eligibility results. Get more detailed instructions here.