Remember to update us when your income & household changes
Published on May 5, 2022
If you have Marketplace coverage and your income or household size recently changed, update your application to let the Marketplace know. These changes may impact the coverage or savings you’re eligible for, like you may qualify for more savings than you’re getting now. Act quickly so you don’t miss out.
What changes to report
- Income changes (like if you got a raise)
- Household changes (like if you had a baby or got married)
- Status changes (like a change in disability or citizenship status)
Why update your application right away
Depending on your changes, you may qualify for more or less savings. Telling us will make sure your savings are correct.
- If your income goes up or you lose a family member, you may qualify for less savings than you’re getting now.
- If your income goes down or you gain a household member, you may qualify for more savings. You could also qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
If you don’t update, you may miss out on additional savings or pay money back when you file your taxes.
How to report changes
There are 3 ways to report changes to the Marketplace:
- Update your application online
- By phone
We don’t accept changes by mail. Find the steps for your preferred method to update.