Recently lose health insurance? You may be eligible for Marketplace coverage
Published on June 15, 2017
If you or anyone in your household lost
What coverage losses count?
If you lost or will lose coverage from any of these sources, you may be eligible to apply through a Special Enrollment Period:
- Your job
- Individual health coverage for a plan or policy you bought yourself
- Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Coverage through a family member’s plan
Apply with a Special Enrollment Period
- To apply, create an account or log into an existing one.
- When you apply, you must confirm that the information on your application is true. You may be asked to submit documents to confirm your life change, like a letter from your employer or insurance company that supports coverage loss.
Losing qualifying health coverage isn’t the only Answer a few questions to see if you qualify.