Stay healthy this summer with preventive care
Published on June 22, 2017
This summer, put your health and well-being first by getting the
Marketplace health plans cover a set of preventive services — like shots and screening tests — at no cost to you when delivered by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network.
Why is preventive health care important?
- Preventive services include health care like screenings, check-ups, and patient counseling that are used to prevent illnesses, disease, and other health problems.
- Preventive health services can also detect illness at an early stage when treatment is likely to work best.
- Getting recommended preventive services and making healthy lifestyle choices are key steps to good health and well-being.
What preventive services are right for you?
- Find out what preventive services you’re eligible for by contacting your health plan today. You can also talk to your provider about which services are right for you.
- Review the lists of covered services for adults, women, and children.