Get ready to file 2017 taxes with 3 tips
Published on January 25, 2018
You must report information about your 2017 health coverage when you file your 2017 taxes. If you had Marketplace health insurance in 2017, check out these 3 tips:
Watch for Form 1095-A
- If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2017, we’ll mail you Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, by early February. It’ll also be available online in your HealthCare.gov account.
- You’ll use it to "reconcile" your premium tax credit.
Make sure your Form 1095-A is correct
- Make sure your Form 1095-A is accurate. If anything about your coverage or household is wrong, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Also verify that your premium for your second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) is correct. If it’s not, use our tax tool to get the premium for your SLCSP.
- Don’t file your taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A and your correct SLCSP.