No 2018 health insurance? See if you can still get coverage
Published on January 11, 2018
If you didn’t enroll in Marketplace health insurance during the 2018 Open Enrollment Period, you may still be able to get coverage two ways:
If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
- You may qualify for a
- See the full list of life events that make you eligible.
- Not sure you qualify? Answer a few fast questions to find out.
Through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- If you’re eligible, your coverage can start right away, any time of year.
- Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.