3 ways to report income & household changes to the Marketplace
Published on June 28, 2018
If you're enrolled in a Marketplace plan and have changes to your income or household, you should update your application with income and household changes as soon as possible. See the full list of changes you should report.
Why it’s important to report changes
- Changes — like higher or lower income, adding or losing household members, or getting offers of other health coverage — may affect the coverage or savings you’re eligible for.
- Some changes will qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to change your plan.
- If you don’t update your household or income, you may miss out on additional savings or pay money back when you file your taxes.
How to report changes
- Update your application online. Get screen-by-screen uploading directions, with pictures (PDF).
- Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Find someone in your community to help you in person.