Below are directions on clearing cookies in the most popular browsers:
To Clear Cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Click the gear at the top right to access settings. Select Safety and click Delete Browsing History.
- Select Temporary Internet Files and uncheck all other boxes, in particular the Preserve Favorites website data. (Doing this will remove cookies from the websites that are in your Favorites folder. This is required to clear your cache completely).
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the window.
Get detailed instructions on how to clear your cookies in Internet Explorer.
To Clear Cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
This browser has different steps for clearing cookies from a single site and for deleting all cookies:
Deleting cookies for a single site:
- Click on Tools in the menu bar.
- In the Firefox will: dropdown menu, select Use custom setting for history.
- Click Show Cookies.
- The cookies window will appear. Type the name of the site whose cookies have to be deleted (a list of cookies will show up)
Select the cookie that needs to be deleted and click on Remove Cookie.
To select all the cookies in the list select Shift +End on your keyboard.
Deleting all cookies:
- Click on History in the menu bar
- Select Clear recent history
- Set the time range to Everything
- Click on arrow near details (expand history list)
- Select Cookies (deselect other boxes).
- Click Clear Now to close Clear All History window.
Get detailed instructions with images on how to clear your cookies in Mozilla Firefox.
To Clear Cookies in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu button (three horizontal bars in the top right corner on the browser toolbar).
- Select Tools then Clear browsing data.
- Select Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data checkbox and uncheck all other options.
- In the Obliterate the following items from: dropdown box select beginning of time.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
Chrome will process your request for a moment and the action will be completed.
Get detailed instructions on how to clear your cookies in Google Chrome.
To Clear Cookies in Apple Safari:
- Choose Safari, then Preferences from the menu
- Select Privacy
- Select Details
- Select one or more websites that stores cookies, and then select Remove or Remove All
- When you finish removing websites, select Done
Get detailed instructions on how to clear your cookies in Apple Safari.