Need coverage for the rest of 2015?
The Open Enrollment Period for 2015 health insurance is over. The only way to get coverage for the rest of 2015 is if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period or for Medicaid or CHIP.
Important dates for 2016 enrollment:
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in a 2016 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2016.
FYI Plans and prices for 2016 will be available by late October.
- December 15, 2015: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016.
- January 1, 2016: 2016 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends. Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect March 1, 2016.
If you don’t enroll in a 2016 health insurance plan by January 31, 2016, you can’t enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Get Ready to Apply
Medicaid & CHIP – apply any time