A quick guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace®
When can you get health insurance?
- November 1: Open Enrollment starts for health coverage for the next plan year — first day you can enroll in, re-enroll in, or change health plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Coverage can start as soon as January 1.
- December 15: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1.
- January 1: Coverage starts for those who enroll in or change plans by December 15 and pay their first premium.
- January 15: Open Enrollment ends — last day to enroll in or change health plans for the year. After this date, you can enroll in or change plans only if you qualify for a .
- February 1: Coverage starts for those who enroll in or change plans December 16 through January 15 and pay their first premium.