The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) has several tools to help you offer employee health insurance.
The SHOP FTE Calculator
- Calculates if your mix of full-time and part-time employees equals between 1-50 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees. Generally, only businesses with 1-50 FTEs are eligible for SHOP.
- Have this information ready when using the calculator:
- A list of all your employees, both full-time (those working 30 or more hours per week) and part-time (working fewer than 30 hours per week)
- The number of hours worked per week by each part-time employee
GO TO THE SHOP FTE CALCULATOR
The Small Business Health Care Tax Credit Estimator
See if you qualify for the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit, and if so, approximately how much it would be worth.
- Have this information for the applicable tax year ready when using the estimator:
- Number of employees who work at least 40 hours per week
- Number of hours worked by all part-time workers who work at least 120 days per year
- Total wages paid (the amount subject to Social Security and Medicare tax)
- Total amount of health insurance premiums you pay for your employees
GO TO THE TAX CREDIT ESTIMATOR
Learn more about the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit (PDF).
Minimum Participation Rate (MPR) Calculator
Helps predict if you’ll meet the MPR required to enroll in the SHOP coverage (in most states, at least 70% of employees must accept their insurance offer before the group can enroll)
Have this information ready when using the calculator:
- State where your main business office is located
- Number of employees accepting coverage
- Number of employees not accepting your SHOP coverage offer who don’t have other kinds of health coverage
- Number of employees not accepting your SHOP coverage offer who are covered by other insurance (like another job plan, a spouse’s or another person’s coverage, COBRA, the individual and family Health Insurance Marketplace®, Medicare, Medicaid, veterans coverage, Indian Health Service coverage, or TRICARE).
GO TO THE MINIMUM PARTICIPATION RATE CALCULATOR
Learn more about minimum participation rates (PDF).
Find Local Help
- Find an agent or broker in your area who’s licensed and registered to sell SHOP insurance
- They can advise you on your coverage options, help you enroll and answer your coverage questions
GO TO THE FIND LOCAL HELP TOOL
Learn more about working with an insurance agent.
See plans and prices
Use the link below and enter information about your business for a custom cost estimate.
SEE PLANS AND PRICES IN YOUR AREA
- Contact the SHOP Call Center at 1-800-706-7893 (TTY: 1-888-201-6445).