SHOP for Employers: Apply
SHOP for Employers: Renew
Before selling health insurance plans through the federal Health Insurance Marketplace (FFM) on HealthCare.gov, you’ll need to register, sign agreements, and complete required training. The 5 steps are below.
TIP: PRINT THIS GUIDE
You may want to complete the 5 steps over several sessions, so we recommend printing this guide. You may also want to email it to yourself or bookmark it.
(If you want to sell only small business group plans through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace, registration and training are slightly different. See how to register to sell only SHOP plans.)
IMPORTANT: Already have a CMS Enterprise Portal account? Don't create another! You'll just need to renew for 2017. Don't follow the steps on this page. See how to renew for 2017.
IMPORTANT: You can take free training from CMS, or sign up for a paid course through a CMS-approved vendor. Vendor training may offer continuing education units (CEUs). Free CMS training doesn't offer CEUs.
Agent and broker contacts
- For general questions about FFM registration, CMS policies, and other agent and broker issues: Email FFMProducer-AssisterHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov
- For help logging in to the CMS Enterprise Portal: Email CMS_FEPS@cms.hhs.gov or call 1-855-CMS-1515.
- For questions about the MLMS: Email MLMSHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about AHIP training: Email email@example.com or call 800-984-8919
- For questions about NAHU training: Email NAHU-FFM@nahu.org or call 844-257-0990