Skip to main content

An official website of the United States government

Here's how you know


How you find out if you used the right amount of premium tax credit during the year. To reconcile, you compare two amounts: the premium tax credit you used in advance during the year; and the amount of tax credit you qualify for based on your final income. Youโ€™ll use IRS Form 8962 to do this. If you used more premium tax credit than you qualify for, youโ€™ll pay the difference with your federal taxes. If you used less, youโ€™ll get the difference as a credit.