After you complete your Marketplace application and enroll in a plan, you must pay your first premium in order for your plan to start.
IMPORTANT: Pay your premium to your insurance company
To activate your coverage, you must pay your first premium directly to the insurance company — not the Health Insurance Marketplace.
How to pay your premium
- After you enroll, your insurer may contact you by phone, mail, or email with payment instructions.
- Follow the instructions carefully. Pay close attention to your payment’s due date, and be sure to pay by then.
- If you have questions (including if your payment was received), call your insurance company, not the Marketplace. You can find the phone number on their plan brochure and website.
If you don’t pay by the due date, you could lose your health coverage.
Not sure you’re enrolled?
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account. Select “Start a new application or update an existing one.” Click on your name in the top right of the screen and choose “My applications & coverage.” You’ll see a summary of your coverage.
- If you don’t see your summary, or still aren’t sure you’ve finished enrollment, call your insurance company. They can confirm if you have enrolled and paid your first premium.
- If you’re having trouble, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
Ready to use your new coverage?
Visit our using your health insurance coverage section. We can help you find a provider in your network, schedule an appointment, understand your benefits, and more.