If you don’t agree with a decision made by the Health Insurance Marketplace, you may be able to file an appeal.
You can appeal the following kinds of Marketplace decisions:
- Whether you’re eligible to buy a Marketplace plan
- Whether you can enroll in a Marketplace plan outside the regular open enrollment period
- Whether you’re eligible for lower costs based on your income
- The amount of savings you’re eligible for
- Whether you’re eligible for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Whether you are eligible for an exemption from the individual responsibility requirement