Saving money on health insurance
Income levels & savings
Check if you might save on Marketplace premiums, or qualify for Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), based on your income. Or, find out who to include in your household and how to estimate income before you apply.
You'll get exact plan prices and savings by filling out a Marketplace application.
More help before you apply
Estimating your expected household income for 2023
- You can probably start with your household’s and update it for expected changes. (Savings are based on your income estimate for the year you want coverage, not last year.)
- You may qualify to enroll in or change Marketplace coverage through a new based on estimated household income. See if you may qualify.
- Use our income calculator to make your best estimate.
- Learn more about estimating income, and see what to include.
- You can probably start with your household’s
Including the right people in your household
- Count yourself, your spouse if you're married, plus everyone you'll claim as a tax dependent, including those who don’t need coverage.
- Learn more about who to include in your household.