Agents & Brokers: Sell Marketplace health insurance for 2022
Get ready to sell health and dental plans to individuals, families, and small businesses through the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Just register, complete brief training, and start selling.
GET QUICK-START GUIDE
5 great reasons to sell Marketplace health insurance plans
- Help your clients save money – and collect full commissions. Your customers may qualify for premium tax credits that lower their monthly premiums — but only through the Marketplace. By selling them a Marketplace plan, you help them save money. But your commission is based on the full, undiscounted price of the plan.
- Get new clients. After you register, you can add your information to our Find Local Help search tool on HealthCare.gov. People in your community looking for an agent or broker can easily find you.
- Provide any level of service, collect the full commission. Once a client authorizes you to represent them in the Marketplace, you can provide any service they need — from answering questions to helping complete an application to handling everything from start to finish. In any case, you get your full commission.
- Handle everything online. You can help consumers fill out applications, complete enrollments, make changes, and handle renewals — all at HealthCare.gov, whenever it’s convenient.
- Sell group plans to small businesses. The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace offers health and dental plans to small businesses with 1 - 50 employees. Firms under 25 employees may qualify for tax credits. Generate proposals and handle all application, enrollment, and update functions, all using our dedicated SHOP Agent/Broker Portal.
For Marketplace agents & brokers