Health insurance and taxes
Published on February 23, 2023
If you had Marketplace coverage at any point in 2022, or got premium tax credits last year, here’s what you need to know about filing your federal taxes.
- Keep your Form 1095-A in a safe place
- This form has information about Marketplace plans anyone in your household had in 2022.
- You should have already gotten Form 1095-A in the mail. It may also be available in your HealthCare.gov account.
- If you didn’t get this form, or it's incorrect, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Check that your Form 1095-A is correct
- Make sure your household and coverage information, the "
- If you find a mistake, contact the Marketplace Call Center. We’ll send you an updated form to file.
- "Reconcile" with your correct Form 1095-A
- Use the information from your correct Form 1095-A to complete Part II of Form 8962 (PDF, 110 KB).
- Get details on how to "reconcile".
- If there’s a difference between the amount of premium tax credit you used during the year and the amount you actually qualify for, it will impact your refund or the amount of taxes you owe.