How to file taxes using Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement
Published on March 10, 2022
Attention: There’s less than one month until the April 18, 2022 tax filing deadline. If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2021, you’ll use Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement to file your federal taxes. This form came from the Marketplace, not the IRS. Make sure this form is correct, then store it with your other important tax information.
Can’t find Form 1095-A? Check online
If Form 1095-A didn’t arrive in the mail or you can’t find it, check your HealthCare.gov account:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Under "Your Existing Applications," select your 2021 application — not your 2022 application.
- Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
If you still can’t find your form, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
How to use Form 1095-A
- You’ll use this form to "reconcile" — find out if there's any difference between the premium tax credit you used and the amount you qualify for – on your taxes.
- Before you start, make sure it’s right. If you filed your taxes with an incorrect form, you may need to file an amended tax return using the correct information.