February 01, 2018
Had 2017 Marketplace coverage? Look for Form 1095-A
If anyone in your household had Marketplace coverage in 2017, you can expect to get a Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, in the mail by mid-February. It comes from the Marketplace, not the IRS. Store this form with your important tax information. You'll use it to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, and "reconcile" any Marketplace premium tax credit you got in 2017.
Begin highlighted text
IMPORTANT: Don't file your 2017 taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A
See errors? Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
End highlighted text
This form may also be available online in your HealthCare.gov account.
How to find Form 1095-A online
Get screen-by-screen directions, with pictures (PDF), or follow the steps below:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Click the green "Start a new application or update an existing one" button.
- Click your name in the top right and select "My applications & coverage" from the dropdown.
- Under "Your existing applications," select your 2017 application — not your 2018 application. Your 2017 application can be found below your 2018 application.
- Select “Tax forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
Didn't get Form 1095-A? If you didn't get this form in the mail and you can't find it in your Marketplace account, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
How to use Form 1095-A
Learn how to use your 1095-A.