Quality ratings of health plans
To help you compare Marketplace plans, we offer quality ratings (or “star ratings”).
Each rated health plan has an “Overall” quality rating of 1 to 5 stars (5 is highest). The overall rating includes member experience, medical care, and health plan administration. Each of these items also have star ratings.
- Member experience: Based on surveys of member satisfaction with:
- Their health care and doctors
- Ease of getting appointments and services
- Medical care: Based on how well the plan's network providers manage member health care, including:
- Providing regular screenings, vaccines, and other basic health services
- Monitoring some conditions
- Plan administration: Based on how well the plan is run, including:
- Customer service
- Access to needed information
- Network providers ordering appropriate tests and treatment
All health plan ratings are calculated the same way, using the same information sources.
- Ratings for 2023 are based on data provided in 2022.
- In some cases — like when plans are new or have low enrollment — ratings aren’t available. This doesn’t mean the plans are low quality.