Job-based coverage for 2015
This page applies if you had health insurance through a job, a retiree health plan, the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP), or COBRA.
Depending on what kind of coverage you had, you may get:
- Form 1095-B, Health Coverage
- Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
If you receive Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C
- You should have it by the first week of April.
- Read Parts II and IV on Form 1095-B or Parts II and III on Form 1095-C to find information about:
- Your job-based insurance offer and 2015 coverage
- Covered individuals and the months they had coverage
- Get more information about Forms 1095-B or 1095-C from the IRS.
Complete your tax return
If you and your dependents were covered by job-based health insurance for all months of 2015:
- Check the “Full-year coverage” box on your federal income tax form.
- You can find it on Form 1040 (PDF, 147 KB), line 61.
- You can find it on Form 1040A (PDF, 133 KB), line 38.
- You can find it on Form 1040EZ PDF, 112 KB), line 11.
Don't delay filing your taxes only because you didn't get Form 1095-B or 1095-C.
If you got Form 1095-B or 1095-C, don't include it with your tax return. Save it along with your other tax documents.
Health care tax resources
1095-B and 1095-C information and sample forms:
If you had job-based coverage for only part of 2015
See what to do if: