2015 taxes & the Health Insurance Marketplace®
2015 Marketplace plan without premium tax credits
This page applies if you were enrolled in a Marketplace plan but didn't qualify for (or didn't apply for) a premium tax credit.
Get your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement
- Find it in your HealthCare.gov account (select your 2015 application, not your 2016 application, and select "Tax Forms" from the menu on the left) or by U.S. Mail.
- Can't find it? Here is how you can find your Form 1095-A. If you're still having problems, contact the Marketplace Call Center, not the IRS.
- Learn how to use your 1095-A.
Make sure information on your 1095-A is right
- Verify basic information about health plan and household members on Parts I and II of the form. See errors? Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- If you paid full price for your health plan, Part III, column C should be blank or have the number "0."
If you paid full price and are sure you don't qualify for a premium tax credit
- You aren’t required to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, when you file your federal taxes.
- Keep your Form 1095-A with your other tax records.
If you paid full price and want to see if you qualify for a premium tax credit based on your final 2015 income
- Use the Health Coverage Tax Tool to find the premium for the
- Use this figure to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit (PDF, 115 KB). When you're done, you'll find out if you qualify for a premium tax credit based on your final 2015 income.
- If you qualify for a premium tax credit, you must complete Form 8962 and attach it to your federal income tax return.
- Your credit will either increase your 2015 refund or reduce your tax bill.
Health care tax resources
Tax guides and tools
- Printable guide to using Form 1095-A
- IRS information on Form 1095-A
- Step-by-step guide to reconciling your premium tax credit
- Health coverage tax tool (use only if you paid full price and want to see if you qualify for a premium tax credit)
If you enrolled in a Marketplace plan without premium tax credits for only part of 2015
See what to do if: