2015 taxes & the Health Insurance Marketplace®
2015 Marketplace plan with premium tax credits
This page applies if you were enrolled in a health plan through the Marketplace and used
Get your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement
- Find it in your HealthCare.gov account (select your 2015 application, not your 2016 application, and select "Tax Forms" from the menu on the left) or by U.S. Mail.
- Can't find it? Here is how you can find your Form 1095-A. If you're still having problems, contact the Marketplace Call Center, not the IRS.
- Learn how to use your 1095-A.
Make sure information on your 1095-A is right
- Verify basic information about health plan and household members on Parts I and II of the form. See errors? Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Make sure the premium for your second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) is correct.
- If it’s not, use this tax tool to get your SLCSP premium.
Fill out Form 8962 to "reconcile"
- Use the information from your 1095-A to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit.
- Use Form 8962 to “reconcile” your premium tax credit — to compare the amount you used in 2015 to lower your monthly insurance payment with the actual premium tax credit you qualify for based on your final 2015 income. If there’s a difference, it will affect the amount of your refund or your tax bill.
- See a step-by-step guide to reconciling your premium tax credit.
Attach Form 8962 when you file your federal income tax return
- Don't attach your 1095-A to your return. Keep it with your other tax documents.
Health care tax resources
- Printable guide to using Form 1095-A
- IRS information on Form 1095-A
- Step-by-step guide to reconciling your premium tax credit
- Health coverage tax tool (use only if your SLCSP is missing or wrong)
If you were enrolled in a Marketplace plan with premium tax credits for only part of 2015
See what to do if: