April 23, 2020
Sending documents to confirm Special Enrollment Period eligibility
If you applied for 2020 Marketplace coverage through a Special Enrollment Period, you may be asked to provide documents to confirm the life events that make you eligible. You must send them before you can start using your coverage.
You’ll learn if you have to provide documents after you submit your application. It’s best to pick a plan first and submit your documents afterwards. After you pick a plan, you usually have 30 days to send the documents.
Documents & deadlines for your life event
- The documents you can submit vary based on your life event.
- Select your life event for the documents you can submit and key dates.
How to submit documents
- Provide the required documents as soon as possible after you pick a plan.
- Doing so will prevent a delay in your coverage starting.
- You can submit them online or copies by mail. Follow these steps.
- After you submit them, you’ll get a letter or notice in your HealthCare.gov account within a couple of weeks saying if your Special Enrollment Period has been confirmed.
Learn more about when the Marketplace needs documents to confirm a Special Enrollment Period.