June 21, 2013
Welcome to the new HealthCare.gov!
Begin highlighted text
IMPORTANT: This page is out-of-date
Get the latest information here.
End highlighted text
Health insurance is changing in important ways in 2014. We’ve updated HealthCare.gov to help you get ready for those changes, especially one of the most important: the opening of the new Health Insurance Marketplace.
Answering your questions about health coverage
Our mission is to help you understand your new health coverage options so you can enroll in a plan that works for you and your family. If you run a small business, we’ll help you find a plan that works for you and your employees. Self-employed? We’ve got that covered too.
New features include:
- The most important health insurance info at your fingertips—just answer a few quick questions and we’ll provide you with a personalized list of coverage options, content tailored to your situation, and a checklist to help you get ready
- An easy-to-understand question and answer format, with content based on the most common questions we hear
- A simpler site structure and powerful search features that make it easy to find what you’re looking for
- A seamless HealthCare.gov experience on your mobile device, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer
- A new 800 number you can call to get your Marketplace questions answered by a customer service representative, available 24/7: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
When open enrollment starts on October 1, 2013, you’ll be able to use this site to apply, compare plans, and enroll. (Your state may be running the Marketplace where you live. If it does, you'll use your state website, not this one, to apply for coverage. Find out the status in your state.)
Coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2014.
Looking for something?
When we rebuilt HealthCare.gov, we moved some things you used to find here. If you're looking for technical Marketplace information, resources for organizations, press materials, or other information about the Affordable Care Act, visit these sites:
- HHS.gov/HealthCare: For information about the benefits and progress of the health care law
- HHS Newsroom: For news releases, contacts, other information for the media
- Marketplace.CMS.gov: For brochures, collateral material, outreach and training materials
- CMS.gov/CCIIO: For regulations, policy, and guidance from the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight
- HealthCare.gov Archive: Includes all material formerly found on HealthCare.gov, captured at weekly intervals.
- Finder.HealthCare.gov: This tool can help you find health insurance coverage if you need it before 2014.
Help us make HealthCare.gov better
We want to keep making the site better. We need your help to do that. Tell us what you think by leaving your feedback in the little “Was this helpful?” box on the bottom of most pages.
We especially need to hear about what’s not working, and about topics you need more information on. We look forward to hearing from you.