A quick guide to the Health Insurance Marketplace®
Tips about the Health Insurance Marketplace®
1. Open Enrollment for 2023 health insurance has passed
But you may still be able to get Marketplace health coverage for 2023 if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
2. How to find out if you qualify for a 2023 Special Enrollment Period
Answer a few fast questions to find out.
3. You can enroll in Medicaid/CHIP any time of year
There's no limited enrollment period for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). If you qualify, coverage can begin immediately. Learn more.
4. Don’t forget to pay your monthly premium
When you have Marketplace insurance, you'll pay your premiums directly to the insurance company — not to the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Your coverage won't start until you pay your first premium. Get more information on completing your enrollment.
5. Stay healthy & get the care you need
Read "From Coverage to Care: A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You" (PDF, 1.7 MB) for tips on using your new health insurance.