When your income or household changes
How to report changes to the Marketplace
You report changes to the Marketplace by updating your application. You can update your application online, by phone, or in person — but not by mail.
Note: If you’ve moved to a new address in the same state, follow the directions below. If you move to a different state, you’ll have to start a new application. Learn what to do if you move out of state.
Update your application online
- To update your application, you'll need to navigate through your existing application and make edits. When you do, you'll be prompted to re-submit your application. This is the correct next step, and won't cause any disruption with your current coverage.
- Get screen-by-screen uploading directions, with pictures (PDF, 398 KB), or follow these steps:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Choose the application you want to update.
- Click "Report a Life Change" on the left-hand menu.
- Read through the list of changes, and click "Report a Life Change" to get started.
- Select the kind of change you want to report.
- Navigate through your application and report any changes to your income, household members, or address; new health coverage offers; and other information.
- After you’re done, you’ll get new eligibility results explaining your options to change plans.
Update your application by phone
Contact the Marketplace Call Center and a representative can help you update your application.
Update your application with in-person help
Find someone in your community who can work with you to help make changes to your application.
More Answers: How to make updates when your income or household changes
No. Instead, you’ll want (or need) to end your Marketplace insurance plan if you get other health coverage. See "How to cancel your Marketplace plan" for step-by-step instructions based on your situation.