You report changes to the Marketplace by updating your application. You can update your application online, by phone, or in-person — but not by mail.
Note: If you’ve moved to a new address in the same state, follow the directions below to update your application. If you move to a different state, you’ll have to start a new application. See what to do if you move out of state.
Update your application online
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Select "Start a new application or update an existing one."
- Click your name in the top right and select "My applications & coverage."
- Choose the application you want to update.
- Click "Report a life change" on the left-hand menu.
- Read through the list of changes, and click "Report a life change" to get started.
- Select the kind of change you want to report.
- Navigate through your application and report any changes to your income, household members, address, new health coverage offers, and other information.
- After you’re done you’ll get new eligibility results that explain if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period that allows you to change plans outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period or have your coverage start sooner.
Important: Be sure to complete all steps on your To-Do list including, if you’re given the option, completing your enrollment.
Update your application by phone
Contact the Marketplace Call Center and a representative can help you update your application.
Update your application with in-person help
Find someone in your community who can meet with you to help make changes to your application.