An official website of the United States government

Here's how you know

When your income or household changes

Which changes to report to the Marketplace

Update your application for 2024 during Open Enrollment
Log into your account, select your 2024 application, and update your expected income and household changes for the year. Then, continue with your 2024 enrollment.
Act by December 15, and your coverage and changes will start January 1.
You should report the changes listed below to the Marketplace as soon as possible. The changes may affect the savings and coverage options you qualify for. Discover how your changes may impact your savings using this IRS tool.
Ready to report changes? Log in to your account.

Changes to report

  • Changes to your expected income for the year
  • Changes in health coverage:
    • Someone in your household getting an offer of job-based insurance, even if they don’t enroll in it
    • Someone in your household getting coverage from a public program like Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or Medicare
    • Someone in your household losing coverage, like job-based coverage or Medicaid
    • Note: If someone in your household got job-based insurance (either through your employer or through a family member’s), you may want to end your Marketplace plan
  • Changes to your household or individual members:
    • Birth or adoption
    • Placing a child for adoption or foster care
    • Becoming pregnant
    • Marriage or divorce
    • A child on your plan turning 26
    • Death
    • Gaining or losing a dependent some other way
    • Moving to a permanent address in your state
  • Corrections to name, date of birth, or Social Security Number
  • Changes in status:
    • Change in disability status
    • Change in tax filing status
    • Change in citizenship or immigration status
    • Change in status as an American Indian/Alaska Native or tribal member
    • Incarceration or release from incarceration