When your income or household changes
How to report a move
The steps you’ll take depend on if you move to a different state or the same state.
If you move within the same state
Your coverage options and savings probably won’t change based only on your new address. You can report the change by following these instructions.
If you move to a different state
When you move out of state, you’ll need to start a new Marketplace application and enroll in a plan in your new state. How you apply depends on whether your new state uses HealthCare.gov or its own website.
Get screen-by-screen uploading directions, with pictures (PDF, 398 KB), or follow these steps:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Select the year you want coverage and your new state.
- Don’t see your state? Your state may run its own Marketplace. If it does, you’ll use its website to apply. Click on your state on this list to go to the website where you’ll apply.
- Click “Apply or Renew” to start a new application on HealthCare.gov.
- After you finish your application for your new state, you’ll see plans and prices available to you. Complete your enrollment in your new state.
Note: If you're on the “Review & update your 2023 application” page, select the blue “Start a New State Application” button. If you’re in the process of reporting a life change, select “Report a move to a new state,” then the green “Continue” button. Select the green “Continue” button on the “Moving to a new state” screen. Then, select the year and new state from the drop-down menu.
Update your profile with your new address
No matter where you move, you should also update your HealthCare.gov profile. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Marketplace account.
- Click your name in the top right of the screen and select “My Profile.”
- Click “Edit” next to the “Address” field. Note: Sometimes a more detailed address than the one you type in (like one with your full ZIP code) may pop up. Select it so we’ll have your most accurate address.
- Report email and phone changes on your HealthCare.gov profile this same way.