2018 Marketplace plan without premium tax credits
You must file a federal tax return for 2018 — even if you usually don't file or your income is below the level requiring you to.
1. Get your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement
Don’t file your 2018 taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A.
2. Make sure information on your 1095-A is right — and if not, call us
- Confirm basic information about health plan and household members on Parts I and II of the form. Contact the Marketplace Call Center if you find an error.
- If you paid full price for your health plan, Part III, column C should be blank or have the number "0."
3. If you paid full price and are sure you don't qualify for a premium tax credit
You don’t have to fill out or include Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, when you file your federal taxes. Keep your Form 1095-A with your other tax records.
4. If you paid full price and want to see if you qualify for a premium tax credit based on your final 2018 income
Tax forms and guides:
More than one coverage status?
If you were enrolled in a Marketplace plan without premium tax credits for only part of 2018, or other household members had different coverage, visit these pages for enrollment in: